I am a specialist in contemporary and modern art with a focus on artists with recognized museum and market achievement. With 15 years of experience, I have a strong network spanning private and corporate collections, dealers, museums and auction houses. While standard galleries promote a closed field of artists, I survey a global pool of established masters and new artists to make informed choices for the client’s benefit. I also cooperate with artists to place works in public and private collections and to organize exhibitions. A fluent speaker of Chinese, Korean and French, I have degrees from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and Cornell University, and was formerly director of prominent galleries in Chicago.
My philosophy: to build and manage focused, relevant art collections tailored to each client, carefully balancing historical importance with market value and current trends.
I provide a range of professional services to collectors worldwide.
- Buying – Always buy the best work of an artist that you can afford; iconic works will endure. I have extensive knowledge to locate art works in competitive markets from private and commercial sources. I perform thorough market analysis, artist research, and price comparisons.
- Selling - I specialize in the arrangement of private sales as a discreet alternative to public auction. Pricing and commissions are based on mutual agreement.
- Auction – Pleased to serve as complete liaison between client and auction house, including bidding on client’s behalf. When auction is an appropriate selling route, I can select an appropriate company and manage the sale. Together we review and negotiate auction house fees and commissions. I organize shipping and insurance pre- and post-sale.
- Framing – I can advise on all your framing needs, including museum-quality suppliers and conservation and restoration questions.
- Shipping – Happy to coordinate shipping worldwide, including crating, insurance, collection, storage, and delivery.
- Installation – taking client satisfaction as highest priority, I coordinate professional installation with careful consideration to safety, lighting and architecture.